HUGE POTENTIAL MARKET…
LUNG CANCER – THE NO. 1 KILLER
In the US alone:
- 1,688,780 new cancer cases are expected to be diagnosed in 2017
- 222,500 cases of Lung Cancer are diagnosed annually
- 161,360 cases of prostate cancer are diagnosed annually
- Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer deaths in the US with an estimated
- 155,870 deaths in 2017
- 16,000,000 biopsy procedures are performed in the US annually
Biopsy numbers WORLDWIDE:
- The world biopsy devices market generated $1.6 billion in 2015.
- The global market for biopsy devices should reach around roughly $2.1 billion by 2020.
- The needle segment was estimated to account for 38% revenue share of the global biopsy device market.